Posted by admin On June 16th, 2014
Getting a website for your print shop is a wise move. It can actually be a pretty inexpensive move too. Thanks to impressive coupons being offered by web hosting companies like DreamHost, you can quickly, easily and affordably have a solid online presence in no time. Check out this DreamHost Review to learn more about their services. In today’s competitive global economy, there is simply no substitution for a good website.
Advantages of a Website for Your Print Shop
With a well-done, well-performing website for your print shop, there are significant advantages. In fact, it is the absolute best way to effectively promote your business.
- You can show actual products of yours on the website so potential customers can see exactly what you offer. Visuals help web site visitors form opinions of your products and your company.
- Testimonials are effective additions to your website that speak volumes for your company. When potential customers see that existing customers are happy with your service, you are more likely to earn their business.
- Web pages, like a FAQ page, can provide answers to a variety of questions that new customers may have. When you create an FAQ page that is thorough and easy to skim and navigate, you are saving time for both yourself and your customer, and essentially providing much of the information your customers need in order to choose your service.
- Websites are much less costly than print catalogues and you can easily show your products to advantage.
- With a website, you can be much more timely in offering products that are trendy or reflect current events than you can without a website.
- Your website can have pages customized to appeal to the different products you offer and even the different types of clients you work with. Alternatively, you can create several website, each targeting a different product or client, in addition to your primary website. This allows you the best results possible when it comes to directing traffic to your company.
Importance of Shopping Around When Getting a Website for Your Print Shop
It is important to shop around for the right provider for your print shop website. Prices vary greatly and the quality of the website performance also greatly differs. Because of this you need to compare not only the price but also the features, the support offered and server speed. Third party reviewers are a great source of valuable information that can help you make the right choice. Before you get started with the company that best meets your needs, a quick search for web hosting coupons can save your print shop a ton of money.
Whether you are just starting your first print shop, giving a bricks and mortar print shop an online presence or changing the existing website you have, getting a website for your print shop has never been easier.
Posted by admin On May 23rd, 2014
Save Money on Printing costs
Starting a business is exciting, scary, labor intensive and costly. You have so things to take care of, research, organize, plan for and purchase. Even if your business is primarily a service or even an online entity, print materials are a necessity. Business cards, flyers, banners, stickers, banners, brochures, T-shirts, promotional items and more are all useful in growing your business. Saving money on the printing costs for your startup business will make things just a little easier at a very busy time. Also knowing which company to pick to do the printing is important. Check out print reviews from Print Detective, so you can be confident in what company you pick. We usually use Vista Print, which you can see Zazzle and VistaPrint Reviews on Print Detective as well.
- Give it enough time. In the process of shopping for print items, leave enough time for orders to arrive using the least expensive shipping option. Paying for fast shipping options can significantly increase the cost of printed items.
- Read reviews so you know what to expect. Some print shops excel in one area but not in others. It may be to your advantage to use one printer for shirts, another for flyers and yet another for banners.
- Use online print shops for the lowest costs possible. They offer a variety of advantages like easy, fast ordering with real-time proof approvals, so you don’t have to wait on designers. You can take care of ordering 24/7 from home or your office so you can easily check off one more thing on your to-do list.
- Comparison shop for pricing. While getting pricing from brick and mortar businesses can be time consuming and tends to offer limited choice because you will likely only get prices from shops within a reasonable distance from your business, online print shops greatly increase your chance of finding the best price possible on your printing needs. Print shop review sites have made it easy to find out which companies offer the best prices, quality, service, ordering process and shipping time.
Look outside the box for your printing needs for your startup business to save money you can use in other parts of your new business. Check PrintDetective.com for coupons and promo codes at major online printing companies.
Posted by admin On March 1st, 2014
Custom printed goodies are like gold when you are fundraising. They are often the easiest items to sell and bring in great profits. While you can always offer to take orders and get items that are specifically chosen by your group, keeping items on hand will also be a great moneymaker. Choosing the right items in the right quantities is essential to a successful fundraiser.
T-shirts, hats, jackets and hoodies are amongst the favorite choices when it comes to spirit wear. Clothing is always a great choice to do as a group order with individuals paying up front for the design and size they want. However, having a supply of the most popular sizes or items that don’t require sizes like hats, is a fantastic idea for the impulse buyer. Many people who miss the flyer when it goes home will jump at the chance to buy spirit wear when they can get it on the spot. Just be careful not to carry too much inventory or make the items specific to just one season or year.
Tote bags, shopping bags and car magnets are some of the branded goodies that you can keep on hand for fundraising purposes. Members of clubs, groups, schools and other organizations gravitate towards such items to identify themselves as belonging. Branded promotional items such as pens, USB flash drives, can coolers, stress balls, bottle openers and more are ideal products to order from your print shop in order to have lower cost options for impulse purchases at special events, or to give away as prizes.
There are many administration items that are needed for the silent auction itself that can be ordered from a print shop. Banners, booklets detailing items to be auctioned, signage, invitations and more will be impressive when professionally printed. Items for the silent auction can also be found from a printer. High end promotional items and unique custom apparel make very impressive gift baskets that bring in a tidy profit from those who want the special customized goodies that no one else has.
Take advantage of the love of branding and invest in printed products for your next fundraising venture.
Posted by admin On January 6th, 2014
T-shirt printing can be a fun part time sideline for artists and designers. On the other hand it could also be a money making venture. Before you set up a T-shirt printing business, you ought to know the various methods of printing available. In the fashion industry current trends and techniques are favored, so never go for an outdated printing method.
This is considered the most used type of T-shirt printing. This involves the pressing of several screens against a garment. The screen filters ink onto parts of the T-shirt that need to be printed. A non-penetrable material is then used to make a stencil, allowing the ink to only pass through the permeable areas. Screen printing is very cost effective and is commonly used in mass printing of T-shirts.
Digital Or Direct To Garment Printing
This involves the use of special ink jet printers. It works like printing on normal paper. In the case of T-shirts, a modified ink jet printer is used to directly create an image on the T-shirt. This type of T-shirt printing is ideal for low volumes and not large scale printing. However it makes it possible to use an unlimited number of colors on fabrics.
Heat Transfer Printing
In this method, designs are transferred to the T-shirt using heat. Unlike digital printing, this is not done directly onto the T-shirt. Instead the design is first done on special transfer papers. After which it is passed onto the T-shirt using a heat press machine and a given amount of pressure. It is a more convenient method as it allows for flexibility and can be used with numerous designs.
Dye Sublimation Printing
This method is used on tougher fabric. It involves the use of a dye printer to transfer dye on material during printing. It is ideal for polyester, and light colored T-shirts. So if you are in need of a full colored light, polyester T-shirt, then dye sublimation printing is the best choice.
When it comes to printing fashionable T-shirt designs, creativity is what matters most. You can try any of the above methods but make sure you add a sense of uniqueness. Many existing print shops have made T-shirt printing even easier, by taking the work out of your hands. You simply do the creative part – the design – and the company will print the T-shirts for you. You can even sell your custom T-shirt from the print shop’s website. It’s the easiest solution possible for anyone interested in T-shirt printing